Christian Marriage Counselling, therapist Mississauga, Toronto, Oakville, Ontario
George Hartwell - I help couples become a team that can handle life with communication and conflict management skills.
George Hartwell registered psychotherapist
My mission is to change people's lives using significant recent innovations in psychology and psychotherapy and to help couples achieve bonding with the latest in attachment focused couple therapy.
People turn to me in many different circumstances and get results:
- Couples have come to me dealing with a recent or ongoing affair.
- Couples have chosen me from a Muslim background because of the difficulty of their situation and because they wanted a faith-based counsellor.
- Couples almost always come to me because nothing has solved their issues.
- Sometimes one partner is ready to walk out but willing to give their relationship one last try.
- Sometimes one of the partners is Christian and the other not so much.
Your marriage improves with this plan:
1. Empathy: I listen with care to your situation. No quick judgments. You feel respected and listened to. This is an important source of support to couples under stress and models good communication.
2. Communication: You learn to listen to one another by acknowledging the other in words that catch the meaning and feeling of the other. As listening with empathy happens, then bonding will begin.
3. Conflict Management: I show you how to use your empathic listening skills to handle conflicts. You will then begin to heal the wounds that haunt your relationship. That enhances your bonding, trust is restored and your teamwork deepens.
What is it like to have a session with George?
How is Listening Prayer Used
Resources to Enhance Couple Therapy
When you work with me expect to find:
- Support in your life situation,
- Security to find your voice,
- Safety to express your identity,
- Listening prayer to heal your heart,
- And, best of all, real life transformation.
My guarantee is that sessions with me will be productive, creative, healing and fun times.
I also guarantee NO PRESSURE to continue in the counselling process. You may opt out of future planned sessions without any hassles with appropriate notice. No hard feelings.