Christian Marriage Counselling, therapist Mississauga, Toronto, Oakville, Ontario
George Hartwell - I help couples become a united team. We know - in emotionally-focused couple therapy - that a united and bonded couple has the resources in their love and communication to handle all that life throws their way. You want to get there and I am here as a guide to get you there.
George Hartwell registered psychotherapist
(College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario registration #6700)
Your mission is to build a marriage that lasts and has fun, love, passion and intimacy. Your goal is deeper bonding as a couple and better communication.
People turn to me in many different circumstances and get results:
- Couples have come to me dealing with a recent or ongoing affair.
- Couples find their arguments and fights have become destructive and they want to learn a better way.
- Couples have chosen me because they want a faith-based counsellor who is committed to building healthy marriages that last.
- Couples learn they have got into a vicious cycle with one withdrawing and the other attacking.
- Sometimes one partner is feeling the marriage is unhealthy for them and want a professional to explore their issues and help them in that assessment..
- Sometimes one of the partners is stressed with the pressure of all the responsibility as their partner keeps messing up finances leaving them with fiances out of control.
Your marriage improves with these steps:
1. Empathy: I listen with care to your situation. No quick judgments. You feel respected and listened to. This is an important source of support to couples under stress and models good communication.
2. Communication: You learn to listen to one another by acknowledging the other in words that catch the meaning and feeling of the other. As listening with empathy happens, then bonding will begin.
3. Conflict Management: I show you how to use your empathic listening skills to handle conflicts. You will then begin to heal the wounds that haunt your relationship. That enhances your bonding, trust is restored and your teamwork deepens.
What is it like to have a session with George?
How is Listening Prayer Used
Resources to Enhance Couple Therapy
When you work with me expect to find:
- Support in your life situation,
- Security to find your voice,
- Safety to express your identity,
- Listening prayer to heal your heart,
- And, best of all, real life transformation.
My guarantee is that sessions with me will be productive, creative, healing and fun times.
I also guarantee NO PRESSURE to continue in the counselling process. You may opt out of future planned sessions without any hassles with appropriate notice. No hard feelings.